14/10/2010

Hesper Payne - Unclean Rituals


Hesper Payne are a Lovecraft inspired doom band from Newcastle-Upon-Tyne in the UK. I posted their Titans Of The North Sea EP a while ago, which was rather good. Now they're back with a new album, Unclean Rituals, which continues with their awesome brand of bleak, detuned doom with death metal style vocals. I liked it so much I had to buy the CD, which came with an ominous note I shall now transcribe for your reading pleasure (punctuation mostly added by me for ease of reading):

Monty!

Oh gods. The horror!
They know where I am. I asked the wrong questions, now I hear their mocking cry, further than the distant starts, closer than the thickness of a shadow. Guard this artifact well lest they come for you.

OH GODS, I HEAR THEM AT THE WINDOW!

HP.

Obviously they've been reading a lot of Lovecraft, which is something I always mean to do. Go check them out!

Various formats including 320Kbps MP3 and FLAC from Bandcamp

Hesper Payne on Myspace
Hesperpayne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment