18/11/2011

The Amenta - V01D

 Right, I know, it's been bloody ages.  I got rather distracted with life, or video games, or fuck knows what the hell I was doing.  Anyways, I'm back again and here's something awesome for you all.  I grabbed an album by The Amenta a while ago because they were playing at Wacken Open Air.  I go to Wacken every year and I generally try and check out all the bands beforehand so I know who to go see.  Anyways, I grabbed The Amenta's Ocassus album and rather enjoyed it.  Then I completely forgot about it and forgot what they were called.  Fortunately, I managed to remember the other day and grabbed some more of their stuff.

The sound is pretty brutal, and seems to be described as Industrial Death Metal, right up my street since The Berzerker are one of my favourite bands!  The Amenta are a bit more traditionally Death Metal than The Berzerker, the drums are a bit more natural sounding than the gabber-style triggered kicks you'll find there (only a bit), but just as relentless and heavy.  There're plenty of keys adding depth to the sound throughout and some nice industrially sounding intros and breaks.  Well worth a listen if you like that sort of thing.

V01D is an interesting project.  It's a free release with 16 tracks and 4 videos, mostly composed of re-recordings or remixes of tracks from previous releases.  I guess this makes it as good a place to start as any and the production is solid throughout, the re-recordings sounding even more brutal than the original versions!  Check out the video below and if you like what you hear go grab the album.  Highly recommended.


320KBPS MP3 from TheAmenta.com

The Amenta Official Website
The Amenta on Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment