14/11/2008

Sabazius


Today's offering is very much in a different vein than Hospital Of Death. Sabazius are a Brighton-based doom band who are possibly the slowest band I've ever heard! I think they're awesome, but I am kinda biased since they are my friends Nev and Steve's band. Slower than tectonic plate movements and heavy as said tectonic plates, they sound fucking evil. My favourite track so far is The Goat, which is available for purchase from Dead Pilot Records right here. It only costs £3.40 for 19 minutes of crushing doom, and the 3" CD in mini-DVD case looks really nice. Only 52 pressed, so get in there ASAP.

Anyways, they decided to post their debut self-titled album for free on the internets as it was taking them ages to find a label. The tracks are all available on Mediafire individually (a .rar of the whole album would be too big for free hosting providers, this is 2 hours 26 minutes of doom!), as linked below. Not sure what quality they're at 'cause I have a CD copy that Steve gave me and ripped directly from that myself. If the quality's not good enough I can post my rips on Rapidshare, or re-rip at 320K if anyone wants.

Occult
Death's Eternal Sleep
Terror Is Thy Name
XXIII

Sabazius at Myspace

No comments:

Post a Comment